Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Adventures with Gramma Kay

Gramma Kay was just out here for a week and we decided to get out and explore St. Louis. We visited the Botanical Gardens one day which was a lot of fun. We spent a couple of hours there strolling the beautiful grounds, feeding fish and ducks and enjoying each other's company. We also went to the Butterfly House and Trev was able to join us for that adventure. It is a big greenhouse-like building that is about 80 degrees inside and filled with over 1,200 butterflies! They are free to fly around so they fly right by your head and sometimes even land on you. One landed on my camera and a few landed on my mom's head! Haha! Above is a picture I took of one of the most beautiful butterfies I saw there. It appears cloudy because it was so humid when we first walked in that it fogged up the camera lens. However, it makes it look kind of artsy so I don't mind. We all had a great time looking at all the butterflies and look forward to visiting there again.

Be sure to check out other pictures we have taken recently on our Flickr site. There is a link to the site on the right.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So fun!! I love the picture too! You know, I think my favorite picture of Belle is the one of her smiling...she is too much! :)
Blessings!

Jen said...

Hey there! I hope you don't mind, but...
I took one of your pictures of Belle (the one I refer to above) and posted it on my blog. It seriously brings me SO much joy and just had to share it! If you would rather I didn't, just let me know and I'll take it off. :) Hope all is well!