Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Harvest Goodness

Today I received my first harvest bin from our local organic delivery service, Dandelion. They will be delivering a bin of fresh fruits and veggies every other week directly to my doorstep. All of the produce is locally grown and all of it is organic. They also include recipes for every item in the bin, and if you know me at all, you probably know that I need recipes. :) I am so excited to make meals with all my new produce!! Tonight I will be making an arugula salad with roasted pear and walnuts. Yum.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

that looks great! Is that why you wanted the butternut squash recipe? Oh yes, I need to send that-yikes!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! Your produce looks amazing! What a cool business! :) Happy Thanksgiving! Give little Belle a kiss for me!

Tracy said...

That is so great...I love that! I especiallly love the recipe part...I need those too:) Pass on any delicious recipes you love...I am always needing new ones:) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lori said...

That is awesome Kristen! Wow! I want someone to deliver us our vegetables and give me some recipes for them!

Tia Tobi said...

Holy Zoinks!! First of all, your produce looks lovely! Secondly, the website has a bunch of great simple healthy recipes that even work with my vegan lifestyle. Thirdly, who in the heck could've guessed ten years ago that you the "queen of boxed mac-n-chz" and I the "queen of McDonald's #3" would be excited over organic vegetables and recipes!!!

Courtney Dey said...

Delightful! Makes me want to move back to WA. ; )