Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sewing!


I couple weeks ago my mom gave me a sewing machine. I haven't really sewed since high school, when I took a year-long sewing class. I decided to start with very simple projects... pillows! I mean really, how can I mess those up? Diana was kind enough to give me the fabric for the big pillow in the back and I found a great deal on the brown fabric. I've been meaning to make some decor changes to Belle's room for a while, so the pillow projects gave me a chance to get started with it! Just adding cute pillows in her room makes it seem more dainty and put-together, rather than feeling like a bunch of random stuff all thrown together and hoping that it works. :)

I'm excited to learn more about sewing and to take on more complicated projects! Diana's mom has a sewing shop called The Top Stitch in Spokane that you should check out. She has a lot of great fabrics!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

SO cute KK, nice job!