Thursday, September 3, 2009

What all can we pack into a week?

It has been one crazy week and we are finally settling into life as a family of four. It started with our sweet little boy being content to stay in the womb days past his due date (I guess that is why they refer to it sometimes as a due month). We were going to try and let the little guy come naturally but our plans are not always the plans the Lord has in store for us. We found out last Wednesday that my Grandma Bernice passed away, whom we loved her dearly and will really miss. It is something that we knew would happen in the coming months, but was still a bit of a shock when it actually happened. Obviously, I wanted to be able to attend the funeral and what added another twist to the events was that Trev would be officiating the funeral service. My dad had asked him months before if he would be willing to do this when my grandma did pass and Trev was honored at the request.

We decided the best option was to induce labor. We would then know when we were having the baby and would give us a few days after having him before we would need to head to Tacoma for the funeral. We went into the hospital on Friday morning at 6:30am to start the induction. We waited around for a few hours for another mom to deliver so we would be assured a room and a nurse. They started me on petocin at about 10am and we delivered our sweet boy just before 4pm that afternoon. It was a fairly smooth delivery and I only had to push for about 20 minutes!

We are so thankful that Jack has joined our family and Annabelle is quite taken with him. She always wants to check on him when he is sleeping, hold him, hug him, kiss him and help burp him after he eats. We praise the Lord for our healthy son and for seeing us through this past week. Trev did a wonderful job speaking at Grandma Bernice's funeral and it was great to see many family and friends and introduce them to Jack when he was only 4 days old. Thank you to everyone who was praying for us. And a special thank you to my mom who spent a few days with Annabelle loving and caring for her while we were in the hospital. Thank you!

Oh, and did I mention that Trev also started his class for seminary last Thursday and he is speaking this Sunday night at our church? I think Trev wins the prize for most things to do in one week in our family. We spent a lot of time in prayer this past week and we praise the Lord for answering our prayers and helping Trev prepare the funeral service, complete some classwork, prepare a sermon and welcome a son into the world and take care of his wife and daughter! I love you, sweet husband! You're the best!


3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay after the jam-packed week! I've been wondering how everything went and keeping an eye on the blog (not that I couldn't have called, but you know how I am with phones...okay, that's a lame excuse and I know it.)

Congrats on a new, healthy little man in the house. I can't wait to meet him myself!! (Oh and for the record, you chose one of my all-time fav boy names - excellent pick!!!)

Erin Leigh said...

Oh... Congratulations!!! This post had me in tears for a thousand reasons... so many emotions. Hope you guys are doing well and if you ever wanna talk to another mother of two... call me anytime!!! Your son is such a beautiful baby boy!

Marisa said...

I can't believe how calm your voice comes across in this post with all of the big changes you've been through in such a short time. Jack is gorgeous, congratulations! And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!