Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh, Kitty!!

The Mauss Family is cat-sitting for a few months! Let me introduce you to sweet Lizzie. She belongs to our good friend Anne Marie who is traveling in Italy for a couple of months. We've had Lizzie for almost a month, so I am a wee bit late on posting something about it. I grew up with cats and was pretty excited for the chance to have one around for a bit. Trev never had any pets growing up, but was excited for this new adventure. Belle didn't really know anything about it until the night that Anne Marie dropped Lizzie off. That very first night Belle was scared of Lizzie and kept jumping up on the couch next to daddy anytime the kitty got close to her. The days following were the exact opposite. Belle was quite intrigued with Lizzie and kept running to her yelling, "Oh, Kitty!" and "Oh, Lizzie!", while Lizzie developed a fear of Belle and hid behind things to get away from her. Haha! Over the past few weeks Lizzie has become more comfortable with Belle and it almost seems more like a game when Belle comes after her. Belle will see her under the table and will crawl towards her. Lizzie will let her get all the way to her and maybe even let AB pet her a few times and then will dart off to another part of the room. The she'll stop and wait for Belle to come to her again, then dart off again, but never fully hiding from her. It's actually pretty funny to witness.

The other night I snapped these shots... rarely seen footage of Belle and Lizzie sitting side-by-side. Lizzie even let Belle pet her for a few minutes. I think it was a real breakthrough in their friendship. :)

Look at how close they are! What progress!

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Yay!! That makes me so happy!! I do miss my kitty - be sure to give her some loves from me!

(She's gonna remember me, right??)