Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Annabelle has successfully used the toilet twice now! We haven't spent much time training her. Every now and then I'll remember to have her try and use the bathroom. The first time she went was just after she had taken a bath. I finished drying her off and she walked over to the toilet and said, "Tinkle." I set her up on her special seat and gave her some books to read. She read books for about 4 minutes and then said, "Here it comes. Here it comes." I thought that was pretty funny, even though nothing happened. About a minute after that she actually went "tinkle", as she likes to say. We both looked at each other and got really excited!! I think she was most excited that she was able to use the toilet paper, since that is usually off limits. She was also excited to flush the toilet! Oh, the small things in life. She has gone one other time since then, but mostly she is content just sitting on the toilet reading her books and not actually going to the bathroom.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Way to go Belle!!! I keep thinking it would be nice not to have to deal with diapers in Peru but I don't think Kai is quite up for it yet...but he may surprise me:)

Andi said...

Oh Kristen!!! This is great news! My dog is ringing the bell on the door to pee and your little one is hopping on the toilet with a book! So similar yet so different!
Congrats...this is a big deal!