Monday, March 8, 2010

Finally getting around to the solid foods

They say you can start feeding your kids solid foods between 4 and 6 months. So of course with Annabelle I was so excited that I started her on them a few days before she turned 4 months. I just couldn't hold back my patience any longer, I was too excited! With Jack, I waited until he was almost 6 months. It is still within the range but it just seemed like too much to try and start a couple months ago. He definitely seemed ready since he was clawing at my food, bowl, plate, and utensils whenever I was eating. He took to it immediately. I don't know how babies can stomach eating the rice cereal, but I suppose anything that isn't just a liquid seems like the coolest thing in the world to them! He has liked the peas and squash I've given him too. Next in the lineup... carrots!

He's got some mad cup-flipping and balancing skills and he seems totally unimpressed with his own talent. Or maybe he's just concentrating.

This was taken the very first time he ate the rice cereal. See... he loved it!

No comments: