Saturday, March 29, 2008

Meal Planning 101

On Thursday night, my friend Julie taught a meal planning class at her house. It was so much fun! We each had to bring two recipes to share and a tip that makes our work in the kitchen a little easier. Then Julie introduced us to her method of meal planning for her family. She keeps a binder (similar to what is pictured above) that includes a list of her family's favorite things to eat, the recipes for the favorites, a meal planning template and more. I really liked her system and am determined to try it for our family. Julie has a website here with product information (she sells meal planning notebooks and an instructional DVD) and a link to her blog, where she shares ideas for cooking. If you click here, you will find her helpful templates.

I'm all about fun organizational projects so I made my own binder. I couldn't decide which of the designs to use as the cover, so
(as you can see above), I did both! Luckily, it is double sided craft paper so I can switch them around when I am tired of looking at one of the designs. :) Now, I love to do these organizational projects, but I am not always great at follow through of these projects. So feel free to ask me if I'm keeping up with my meal planning every now and then. Haha! Now I shall go forth and plan!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks very cool, let me know if it works. I've also played around with the idea of making something like this, but you know me and recipes....

Sarah said...

Hi Kristen! I found you through Shannon's blog, which I stumbled across. I've often wondered how you and Trevor are doing and see you have a baby girl now- how exciting!
If you don't remember me- I used to be Sarah Gatz... married now and living down in the Kent/Seattle area. Looks like you guys are still up in Bellingham. We love it up there, it's so beautiful! We went up to visit and get away a few weeks ago.
Related to your post, I love cooking and meal planning- recipes or no. I should check out your friend's products because I am so disorganized about my system. I plan and shop every week but it's all just in a plain notebook, nothing very exciting or organized.
How fun to get to read about where you guys are in life. Blogs are so fun! :) Hope all is well for you!

Sarah Dempsen

Lori said...

I see why you couldn't decide which one to use! I love them both!!