Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sew Fun!

Last Friday night Diana hosted a sewing party for a bunch of us ladies. Her mom, Carrie, owns a sewing shop in Spokane called The Top Stitch. Carrie came to town for the weekend for a visit and spent her Friday night teaching seven of us how to make this cute and stylish apron! It's called the Emmaline apron, which is just a precious name for an apron. They are reversible, so there is a different pattern on the opposite side. You can have one side for baking during the day and the other side is for entertaining in the evening. So fun! All the fabric is by Amy Butler, who has created such a beautiful line of fabrics. Seriously, they are all great. We had a great time making the aprons and Carrie was a wonderful instructor! What a sound to hear so many sewing machines all going at the same time. I think Anne Marie (above) looks fabulous in her new apron! I think I needed to tie mine a little tighter and higher up for this picture. Oops!

I love doing sewing projects and making this apron just fires me up to do even more! I ordered one of Amy Butler's sewing books that comes with 25 sewing projects and I can't wait to start making some of them. Seriously, I can't wait. I've got some serious sewing cravings going on.

7 comments:

Anne Marie said...

It WAS super fun!! I took my apron home and showed it off all weekend! And I'm with Kristen - I've got the sewing clothes bug. I can't stop thinking about skirts and bags and other cute things to make - augh!!

Thanks again to Carrie for holding our hands through the über-fun process!

Conner said...

Hey! LOVE THE APRON!!! Do you think there is anyway I could get the pattern? I've been sewing a lot lately too and having way too much fun.

Erin Leigh said...

what kind of sewing machine do you have... I've been dying to learn to sew. Post me up.

Tracy said...

Very cute...I love it! I totally get the sewing bug at times too...I have been too busy lately but I am going to try to redo our guest room/office and have had visions of the many cute pillows I could create:)

Tracy said...

By the way...I love the bright green background on your blog...I have actually been thinking of incorperating a green such as this into the new guest room color scheme:)

Lori said...

Love the aprons!

Sara Moriarty said...

Very cute. What fun it would be to have a sewing party. Great post!