Monday, September 29, 2008

The Sewing Itch

About a month and a half ago I bought some fabric to make an Amy Butler Frenchy Bag. Right after that I started working full time. I definitely had the sewing itch and wanted to start sewing it right after buying the fabric but I didn't seem to find much spare time in my schedule. I finally cut out all the fabric about a week or so ago and on Sunday I started sewing! Woohoo! I tried to make the most of Belle's nap time, but assumed I would only get a few steps into the project. By the end of her nap I was already three-quarters of the way through!! Now I just couldn't get that far into it and just put it away for another day. After some dinner and some family time outside I hunkered back down at my sewing table (aka my dining room table with sewing stuff strewn all across it) and finished my Frenchy Bag!! It was my first sewing project that I've ever done 100% by myself by just following a pattern (besides pillows and coasters, which require no patterns and minimal thinking). :) It is so gratifying to be able to make something and then use it. Ahhh.

Behold the finished product...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awesome! It looks great, and I can't believe you did it so quickly- nice job!

Tracy said...

I love it! I think you have inspired me...I need a new bag:)